Has a Vision of wholeness that inspires a fellowship united in study, meditation, and service.
Its Mission is to encourage open-minded inquiry into world religions, philosophy, science, and the arts in order to understand the wisdom of the ages, respect the unity of all life, and help people explore spiritual self-transformation.
Its Ethic holds that our every action, feeling, and thought affects all other beings and that each of us is capable of and responsible for contributing to the benefit of the whole.
To fulfill its mission in promoting fellowship and spiritual education, the Theosophical Society in America:
- Has local groups around the country where members can meet, explore, and practice together.
- Organizes lectures, classes and workshops at the different local groups.
- Offers online resources that include articles, audios lectures, videos, live webinars, webcasts, and more.
- Publishes books and a quarterly journal on Theosophy and general spirituality.
- Has libraries that specialize on spiritual subjects, both at the National Center as well as at the different local groups.
- Is affiliated with Theosophical Camps that host courses and seminars in a natural setting suitable for contemplation, meditation and learning.
The three declared Objects of the Theosophical Society:
- To form a nucleus of the universal brotherhood of humanity, without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste or color.
- To encourage the comparative study of religion, philosophy and science.
- To investigate unexplained laws of nature and the powers latent in humanity.